Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Farmhouse Junkin'


Hi Everyone! I had a post all ready for you Sunday--totally different from this one. . .Dedicated to our slow-paced country Sundays. . .It was to be the day I began blogging a little more, too. . .But, our net was down. . .Had been down most of last week. . .Thought they had it fixed. . .I guess you'll just have to wait until this Sunday to see what I had planned. . .(grin). . .Since we just got our internet back, I'll share our junkin' finds with you. . .Where is it that I'm constantly telling that we go for the 'good stuff'? Well, to Missouri, of course!

We took a day off and headed north last Thursday, with no particular agenda except to visit a few of our favorite antique malls. . .Nothing on the list to buy. . .I've been cleaning out the store and have become rather tired of  'stuff' but you know how us collectors are. . .There might be one more thing we need. . .(chuckle). . .Sure enough--there WAS! . .I'm particularly happy with the butter churn. . .I've admire them for years but could never find any at the right price. . .This one is sticky, gummy, dirty and rusty but I love it. . .It will clean up fine. . .and will be a wonderful addition to the farmhouse kitchen. . .I'm so excited!

My next favorite is the cabinet made from a wooden crate. . .so prim. . . It's for the shotgun house but I just might use it in the kitchen for a time. . .We'll see. . .

There were other finds. . .I'll show you a few below but not all. . .Others will come later, once they are placed in their new home--The Country Farm Home, of course!

 






Oh! I almost forgot to tell you where we shopped, didn't I?
Poplar Bluff, Mo. . .Three Malls: Frontier, Jordans, and Country Bumpkin. . .
There are actually five malls located close to each other. . .We only made it to three. . . probably because I spent too much time at the Hope International Thrift Store in Bernie. . .(grin). . .
 
 

8 comments:

Debby Ray said...

Good to see you! You have certainly found some wonderful "junky" items and I love your display...wonderful photos!

Tanya Breese said...

oh its been a while since i've stopped over!! love your finds!! i love the color of that dish towel!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The doll! My aunt used to have a few like that in her kitchen! :)

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love your butter churn! Sounds like a fun day. I have been feeling the junkin' mood coming on! Lol! Just haven't had time to do it yet.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

That butter churn is so beautiful. What a great display item - or actually, I think you should give it a try!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love the butter churn!! I have one similar to it.
~Cindy

Patti said...

Ohhhh, you found great treasures! I've been looking for an old wheelbarrow forever! I love the jar on your butter churn!

Unknown said...

Id love to buy some of the bigger things, but in my small house not enough room for collectibles. But I LOVE my small house...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...